a common space & database for harmonic overtones
The ensemble from Abakan in the republic of Khakassia was founded in 1989 by members of the symphonic orchestra. They have committed themselves to revive and keep alive their tradition in music as well as dance. In their search for authentic sound by way of throat singing (khai) and using traditional instruments, they have visited villages collecting songs, which have now been included in the repertory.
- Altyn Tan Tayas: voice, topchy-khomys (lute), khobyrakh (flute)
- Tuylber Pogechi: voice, aghas-khomys (lute)
- Mirgen Irgit: voice (khai), khobyrakh (flute), percussion
- Lunic Ivanday: voice (khai), tuur (frame drum, Shaman's drum), syylas (flute), timir-khomys (jew's harp), pyrghy (birch bark trumpet)
- Aycharkh Sayn: voice (khai), chatkhan (wooden box zither), yykh (fiddel)
- Albychak Sayn: voice (khai), yykh (fiddel)
This content has been seen 114 times
You need to be a member of OMN to add comments. Sign up, it's free!
Join Overtone Music Network