We have to We're excited announce an upgrade to one of the heaviest-used features on this Network: a buggy text editor The text editor. Hopefully it's going to be a huge step up in the usuabilty of Overtone Music Network. You can format text, add images, embed videos, edit text in full screen and much more. Best of all, you can do it ever without having to look at the HTML code. If you like to use this new editor please beware that you use the latest updated version of Firefox 3.6.13 or IE 8 or Safari 5.0.3 - it seems that Opera is not supported. You feedback is welcome. Please send us a message via this link.
Here is an overview of this new tool:
With a few limited exceptions (like your status update), you'll find the new text editor used in just about every place that you type into. The widest spaces for editing text (like writing a blog post) will have a toolbar loaded with the most useful options, like changing font color or embedding videos. In places where less space is available for the toolbar (like commenting on an event), fewer options will appear.
Aside from a consistency and a clean design, the new text editor sports a slew of new features:
- Out of space when writing something? With the new text editor, you will be able to drag and expand the boundaries of the editor, minimizing the need for scroll bars
- It's much easier to add embeds. Video embeds pasted in WYISWYG mode will be automatically visible, without the need to switch to HTML mode. On top of that, there's also a new "Embed" button that allows members to paste and see embed codes without leaving WYSIWYG mode
- When adding links, you can customize the link and the linked text.
- This editor should handle text pasted from Word much better than the latest text editor. In the case that it does not, there's a new "Paste as Plain Text" button, where you can paste in text and only basic formatting (bolding, etc.) is retained, ensuring the text appears cleanly when posted.
- Links added into the text editor will, by default, open in a new window if they link off this Overtone Music Network, and open in the same window if they link within our Network. Not happy with the default? Just click on a link after you add it, hit "Edit" and change the setting.
- When adding images, you will have the option to control the alignment, padding and size of the image. Images, when clicked, will open to the URL of the image file — but even that link can be easily changed to link to another page or image instead.
- If you need even more room to share y0ur thoughts please hit the "Fullscreen" button to use the entire browser window to add your text.
We're confident that most of you will like this upgrade.
This content has been seen 49 times