Overtone Music Network

a common space & database for harmonic overtones

What's your benefit from Overtone Music Network?

What's your benefit from OMN - Overtone Music Network? Please write with some less words why you are member of this network. Your feedback is appreciated and is important to know.

Maybe you have heard that NING is phasing out their free service? OMN is hosted on NING. Now we need friends of this site who would like to be present as friend of the Overtone Music Network. We need from July 2010 to July 2011 500 USD to maintain this site with all features hosted on NING. But at first let us know why you like OMN? What's your benefit that I provide a place like OMN in the world wide web?

This content has been seen 224 times

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jens
OMN is a special place and you have worked hard to get it together,and I appreciate your dedication.When people hear me play and ask me if I am on the net if I mention OMN they have no idea about it's existence.But the minute I mention Myspace or Youtube they know immediately where to look.It's one place where most musicians can be found,and they know that................
Thanks "The Gongman" ... if I think about your feedback that people haven't an idea about a website dedicated to overtones but they have an idea if they hear MySpace or YouTube - I understand that it is maybe senseless for you to be a member of Overtone Music Network. Please don't misunderstand me but I understand between the lines that your have more benefit from MySpace. Have you checked Google - if I search your avatar name "The Gongman" with Google your page is on position 2 ... see here http://tinyurl.com/TheGongman - your You Tube videos appears on position 10. Which place you mean with: "It's one place where most musicians can be found,and they know that................" ... you mean MySpace Music and YouTube or OMN as a smart niche in the world wide web ?
Even though I haven't been here much, I still think it is a unique place to find Overtone musicians and music, Events and opportunities to share interesting content, learning from each other...
Jens you have done such a great job to create this wonderful place, it would be a shame if it just sank into nothingness, though that is also a nice place, just not so good for sharing.... ;)
Hope even if not here, there will be a place for Overtone musicians to gather and share their great music.

All the Best
Claudia
Hi Claudia,

and what's your benefit? What do you mean with "just not so good for sharing"?
To have you here on board is really wonderful ... and an incredible benefit for this site.
Thank you for being here ... thank you for knowing from you!

Bye,
Jens
Nice to be one of the users of OMN.
There is no other site where you can find directly Overtone / Harmonic- Singers and real good musicians , without all the mainstream publicity disturbing your view.
myspace is known ...
youtube is known....
and there is a lot of publicity blinking ,jiggling,posting .... :-))))
May all beings be happy
Thanks for your feedback JUNI.VER.SUM - I like MySpace, YouTube and Reverbnation. Sure you can find overtone and harmonic singers on these sites too. But you have to search them with the right keywords.

This network has now more than 1200 member profiles. It seems that you have to search in this network overtone and harmonic singers and musicians too. You will find them if they have noticed what I have written about how to find members. And you will find them via their contributions to this site. I tagged now all videos to find overtone singing videos easier. The next will be throatsing videos with too and specially harmonic chant. Songs can not be tagged - but you can explore a list of all songs

May all beings be happy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by:

Latest Activity

Sukadev Bretz posted a video

Sita Ram, by Ramadasa, Radha and others

A wonderful version of Sita Ram, performed by Ramadasa (harmonium and vocal) and Radha (vocal) and accompanied by Ramani (vocal), Franziska (drum), Sonya (vo...
Mar 7
Ilaria Orefice updated their profile
Feb 26
Jens Ickert posted events
Feb 26
Timber Freier Träumer (Hanfreich posted an event
Thumbnail

Obertongesang (Grundkurs) mit Timber - in Stuttgart at Stuttgart, Forum 3

April 27, 2024 from 11am to 6pm
Feb 16
Julia Renöckl posted a blog post
Feb 12
Julia Renöckl is now in contact with Timber Freier Träumer (Hanfreich
Feb 12
Julia Renöckl posted a status
"Obertonkurs in der www.stimmwerkstatt.at am 16. und 17. März 2024"
Feb 12
Timber Freier Träumer (Hanfreich is now in contact with Filip Rydlo
Feb 10
Jens Mügge commented on Bruno Amstad's photo
Feb 7
Sukadev Bretz posted a video

He Prabho by Mantra Circle

He prabho ananda-data jnana hama ko dijieShighra sare durguno ko dura hama se kijieLijie hama ko sharana me hama sad-achari baneBrahmachari, dharma-rakshaka,...
Jan 20
Jens Mügge commented on Willi Grimm's video
Jan 13
Willi Grimm posted a video

WSP Oberbalm Juli 2021 - Kailash Kokopelli

Klang im Wasserspeicher OberbalmEin Zeitungsbericht im Juli 2020 gab den Anstoss, dass wieder einmal ein akustisch ganz besonderer Raum klanglich ausgelotet ...
Jan 9

© 2007 - 2024   Legal Notice - Privacy Policy - Sponsored by Yoga Vidya, Germany -   Powered by

|  Support | Privacy  |  Terms of Service