Overtone Music Network

a common space & database for harmonic overtones

General Topics (22)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Addendum to "The Devolution of the Shepherd Trumpet and Its Seminal Importance in Muisc History

Here's the complicated addendum. It shows how bagpipes, natural trumpets, and the diatonic scale combined in what's called the "Choral Key"…

Started by Aindrias Hirt

0 Jun 1, 2017

THE DEVOLUTION OF THE SHEPHERD TRUMPET AND ITS SEMINAL IMPORTANCE IN MUSIC HISTORY

Here's the article online that explains that all old folk tunes come from the natural scale. I didn't post it, and you have to dodge the ad…

Started by Aindrias Hirt

0 Jun 1, 2017

What's the best platform to sell digital overtone music and/or press CDs?

Hi everyone, I am a singer and I have just completed 2 large soundscapes, all vocal, where overtones are a main ingredient. Now I am lookin…

Started by Marc Drost

4 Feb 5, 2017
Reply by Marc Drost

Old English, French, and Gaelic songs played in the round were originally played on short natural trumpets

Hey. I also found out that many English, French, Gaelic, etc. nursery rhymes were based on the natural scale. They were played in the round…

Started by Aindrias Hirt

2 Jan 26, 2017
Reply by Aindrias Hirt

Best frequency range to measure Khomus fundamental pitch.

Curious to learn if anyone else has a pre-existing opinion on this: I'm making a record currently with various khomus instruments that are…

Started by Oscar South

0 Jul 9, 2016

Pure Harmonic improvised music - London

Hello, I am looking for anyone interested in getting together to experiment with pure harmonic improvised music? I started as an electric g…

Started by Alistair Smith

2 Sep 28, 2015
Reply by Alistair Smith

Melodic Natural Scale Paper

Hello All, I just had a paper published that you might find interesting. I can't put up the short article because it's in copyright, but th…

Started by Aindrias Hirt

0 Feb 28, 2015

non overtone multiphonics...

Wer weiß etwas zu dieser Gesangstechnik? Ideen? Fragen? Aufnahmen? Theorien?... http://www.david-stuetzel.de/did-she-just-sing-chords-lalah

Started by David Stuetzel

5 Mar 13, 2014
Reply by David Stuetzel

Open mouth overtones

In this forum might be also a title ”Singing..." I could ask this direct from Rollin or Wolfgang but maybe somebody else is also interreste…

Started by Sauli Heikkilä

8 Jul 17, 2013
Reply by Marco Tonini

crowd funding for us fringe overtone artists

Greetings lovers of music outside of the mainstream! Us overtone singers with something unique to offer the world are challenged by raising…

Started by kiva simova

0 Jun 22, 2013

RSS

Sponsored by:

Latest Activity

Sukadev Bretz posted a video

Chandrika & Ludwig sing Namastasyai Namo Namaha | Satsang excerpt

Namas Tasyai Namas TasyaiNamas Tasyai Namo NamahOm Shanti OmThis is a cover from Sundarum and you can find the original on https://sundaram.de/produkt/namast...
Apr 6
riccardo misto updated their profile
Apr 3
riccardo misto posted videos
Apr 3
riccardo misto commented on riccardo misto's video
Apr 3
2 photos by Mikuskovics Baum were featured
Apr 1
A photo by Bernhard Mikuskovics was featured
Apr 1
Ilaria Orefice updated their profile
Feb 26
Jens Ickert posted events
Feb 26
Timber Freier Träumer (Hanfreich posted an event
Thumbnail

Obertongesang (Grundkurs) mit Timber - in Stuttgart at Stuttgart, Forum 3

April 27, 2024 from 11am to 6pm
Feb 16
Julia Renöckl posted a blog post
Feb 12
Julia Renöckl is now in contact with Timber Freier Träumer (Hanfreich
Feb 12
Julia Renöckl posted a status
"Obertonkurs in der www.stimmwerkstatt.at am 16. und 17. März 2024"
Feb 12

© 2007 - 2024   Legal Notice - Privacy Policy - Sponsored by Yoga Vidya, Germany -   Powered by

|  Support | Privacy  |  Terms of Service