Overtone Music Network

a common space & database for harmonic overtones

Jazz meets Overtone - MyVideo

Jazz trumpeter Uli Beckerhoff and Reinhard Schimmelpfeng,
overtone musician, in concert with the title "anima & aiolos".

Source: Video found on MyVideo.de
Jazz meets Overtone - MyVideo

Tags: Beckerhoff, jazz, meets, overtone, schimmelpfeng

This content has been seen 28 times

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hallo Jens,
It is often so that musicians that use overtone singing in a jazz context chose slow tempos. The singer needs time. The different subcategories of overtone singing function more as an extension of already existing traditional sounds not evidently as a new instrument that can easy make everything that belongs to the jazz genre. Modal jazz have gives some possibilities to access it in an ideomatic way. I have tried to get around the problem with fast changing cords. The superimposing of cords is a step forward to break a feeling of tonal naivity. The fundamental tone can get a changed role. i.e. as a third, ninth or any other tone.

Keep swinging
Iver
Hi Iver, thanks for your explanations. You know maybe I am illiterate music theory. I posted this video here to the forum » Musicians « because I find it very interesting. In the beginning of this video I thought that Reinhard Schimmelpfeng sounds »like a cat« maybe.

But it is a very cool musicial expression I think so too. And by the way Anima and Aeolus is an impressive theme for a composition. I have to listen their complete CD to see how they express this theme musicial.

I know Reinhard Schimmelpfeng personal because he gave me the introduction in overtone singing so I know that he compose and not "only" improvise music. And that's interesting to compose a part in your music in which you »sounds like a cat ... « (I mean sec. 8 ~ 10 of this video)
Hi again Jens,
your example of jazz meeting overtone is valuable. I am also oft looking for jazz-meeting-other-genre-music.
The video contains good skilled music. I really like it. How much jazz it is is an other matter. I would be happy to post some jazz-overtone-videos that I have found in Internet. This is a new field in music.

Best regards
Iver
Hi Iver,

I think this is jazz music by Danny Heines - isn't it? All the best,

Jens

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by:

Latest Activity

Winne posted a video

Fujara and Bass Improv- Sequence 2

Improvisation with Fujara and Bass recorded at Begijnhof O.L.V ter Hoyen Ghent ,one afternoon in August 2014 , Zeger Vandenbussche on bass ,Fujara was handma...
5 hours ago
Mikael Kosmos is now a member of OMN ...

Welcome Mikael Kosmos!
11 hours ago
Bernhard Mikuskovics posted events
yesterday
Alistair Smith commented on Bodo Maass's video
yesterday
Bernhard Mikuskovics updated an event
Thumbnail

Mikuskovics: Solo Overtone Concert (Schleswig Holstein) DE at Kloster Nütschau

January 10, 2015 from 7:30pm to 8:45pm
Bernhard Mikuskovics solo with overtone instruments, ethnic flutes & vocal techniques Kloster…See More
yesterday
Alistair Smith posted a status
"I am currently working on a violin piece and a short piece for pure harmonic piano."
yesterday
Alistair Smith updated their profile
yesterday
Bernhard Mikuskovics updated an event
Thumbnail

Mikuskovics: Seminar "OBERTONGESANG" at Freiraum Leben

November 15, 2014 at 10am to November 16, 2014 at 4pm
Seminar "OBERTONGESANG" im November 2014 in Niederösterreich!->…See More
yesterday

© 2014   sponsored by Yoga Vidya, Germany

|  Support | Privacy  |  Terms of Service