Overtone Music Network

a common space & database for harmonic overtones

Jazz meets Overtone - MyVideo

Jazz trumpeter Uli Beckerhoff and Reinhard Schimmelpfeng,
overtone musician, in concert with the title "anima & aiolos".

Source: Video found on MyVideo.de
Jazz meets Overtone - MyVideo

Tags: Beckerhoff, jazz, meets, overtone, schimmelpfeng

This content has been seen 25 times

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hallo Jens,
It is often so that musicians that use overtone singing in a jazz context chose slow tempos. The singer needs time. The different subcategories of overtone singing function more as an extension of already existing traditional sounds not evidently as a new instrument that can easy make everything that belongs to the jazz genre. Modal jazz have gives some possibilities to access it in an ideomatic way. I have tried to get around the problem with fast changing cords. The superimposing of cords is a step forward to break a feeling of tonal naivity. The fundamental tone can get a changed role. i.e. as a third, ninth or any other tone.

Keep swinging
Iver
Hi Iver, thanks for your explanations. You know maybe I am illiterate music theory. I posted this video here to the forum » Musicians « because I find it very interesting. In the beginning of this video I thought that Reinhard Schimmelpfeng sounds »like a cat« maybe.

But it is a very cool musicial expression I think so too. And by the way Anima and Aeolus is an impressive theme for a composition. I have to listen their complete CD to see how they express this theme musicial.

I know Reinhard Schimmelpfeng personal because he gave me the introduction in overtone singing so I know that he compose and not "only" improvise music. And that's interesting to compose a part in your music in which you »sounds like a cat ... « (I mean sec. 8 ~ 10 of this video)
Hi again Jens,
your example of jazz meeting overtone is valuable. I am also oft looking for jazz-meeting-other-genre-music.
The video contains good skilled music. I really like it. How much jazz it is is an other matter. I would be happy to post some jazz-overtone-videos that I have found in Internet. This is a new field in music.

Best regards
Iver
Hi Iver,

I think this is jazz music by Danny Heines - isn't it? All the best,

Jens

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by:

Latest Activity

Julien Coste(nomadagad) posted a video

Julien Coste Overtone flute 7

i played overtone flute made by Yoram Sivan in Saint Jouan Church, seven beats .
yesterday
Datura Martina Lo Conte posted a photo
Aug 27
Christopher Vila Monasterio is now in contact with Jens Mügge
Aug 26
Profile IconDaniel Stark and Claudio Di Stefano joined Overtone Music Network
Aug 26
David Stuetzel posted videos
Aug 25
Bernhard Mikuskovics posted a photo
Aug 25
Datura Martina Lo Conte posted a photo

LA VOCE E LE CHIAVI ARMONICHE a Firenze

Un sabato al mese presso l'Associazione Alma nuovo ciclo di seminari sulla voce a partire dal 4…
Aug 24
Sukadev Bretz posted a video

Mantrasingen: Jaya Jagad Ambe mit Kavita und Govinda

Kavita und Govinda singen im Satsang von Yoga Vidya http://www.yoga-vidya.de Bad Meinberg das Mantra "Jaya Jagadambe". Mit diesem Mantra wird der göttlichen ...
Aug 24

© 2014   sponsored by Yoga Vidya, Germany

|  Support | Privacy  |  Terms of Service