Overtone Music Network

a common space & database for harmonic overtones

Jazz meets Overtone - MyVideo

Jazz trumpeter Uli Beckerhoff and Reinhard Schimmelpfeng,
overtone musician, in concert with the title "anima & aiolos".

Source: Video found on MyVideo.de
Jazz meets Overtone - MyVideo

Tags: Beckerhoff, jazz, meets, overtone, schimmelpfeng

This content has been seen 32 times

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hallo Jens,
It is often so that musicians that use overtone singing in a jazz context chose slow tempos. The singer needs time. The different subcategories of overtone singing function more as an extension of already existing traditional sounds not evidently as a new instrument that can easy make everything that belongs to the jazz genre. Modal jazz have gives some possibilities to access it in an ideomatic way. I have tried to get around the problem with fast changing cords. The superimposing of cords is a step forward to break a feeling of tonal naivity. The fundamental tone can get a changed role. i.e. as a third, ninth or any other tone.

Keep swinging
Iver
Hi Iver, thanks for your explanations. You know maybe I am illiterate music theory. I posted this video here to the forum » Musicians « because I find it very interesting. In the beginning of this video I thought that Reinhard Schimmelpfeng sounds »like a cat« maybe.

But it is a very cool musicial expression I think so too. And by the way Anima and Aeolus is an impressive theme for a composition. I have to listen their complete CD to see how they express this theme musicial.

I know Reinhard Schimmelpfeng personal because he gave me the introduction in overtone singing so I know that he compose and not "only" improvise music. And that's interesting to compose a part in your music in which you »sounds like a cat ... « (I mean sec. 8 ~ 10 of this video)
Hi again Jens,
your example of jazz meeting overtone is valuable. I am also oft looking for jazz-meeting-other-genre-music.
The video contains good skilled music. I really like it. How much jazz it is is an other matter. I would be happy to post some jazz-overtone-videos that I have found in Internet. This is a new field in music.

Best regards
Iver
Hi Iver,

I think this is jazz music by Danny Heines - isn't it? All the best,

Jens

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by:

Latest Activity

Harmonic Introductions posted an event

Overtone Singing Concert: An Evening of Music and Meditation at St. John's Episcopal Church

January 16, 2015 from 7:30pm to 9pm
Harmonic Introductions is holding our first public concert! It will feature original compositions,…See More
yesterday
Indro Roy-Chowdhury is now a member of OMN ...

Welcome Indro Roy-Chowdhury!
Monday
Willi Grimm posted an event
Thumbnail

NATURTON - Hörst Du den Berg? Das letzte Konzert at UPtown Gurtenpark

December 21, 2014 from 5pm to 6:30pm
Die Reihe "Hörst Du den Berg" wird nach drei Jahren in eine künstlerische Pause eintreten und so…See More
Dec 8
Tanja Elena Quirici is now a member of OMN ...

Welcome Tanja Elena Quirici!
Dec 7
Johanni Curtet posted an event
Thumbnail

Höömij Workshop in Toulouse! at Les Ateliers d'Eau Vive

February 14, 2015 at 2pm to February 15, 2015 at 5pm
Stage d'initiation au höömij (chant diphonique mongol)Avec Johanni CurtetSaviez-vous que tout le…See More
Dec 6
A video by Barbara Lübben was featured

dat du min leevsten büst - Lauschrausch 2014

priv. Mitschnitt aus dem Obertonfestival Lauschrausch 2014 in der Yenidze, Dresden Anna Maria Hefele (Harfe) Barbara Lübben (voc) Stefan Weyh (Harfe) Jan Heinke (voc
Dec 5
Danibal posted a video
Dec 3
Elliot Witheart is now a member of OMN ...

Welcome Elliot Witheart!
Dec 2

© 2014   sponsored by Yoga Vidya, Germany

|  Support | Privacy  |  Terms of Service