Overtone Music Network

a common space & database for harmonic overtones

Fujara flutes. Need help finding a reliable resource

Hey friends. I'm on the search for a fujara flute. I'm curious about where to get one as I reside in Canada. With some searches online I found some sites that sell them but I don't know what the range of quality is and who to rely on. Do I pay for a lower priced one on ebay or pay a manufacturer top dollars.

Overall I would like some suggestions and guidance on resources and levels of quality.

I would almost rather buy a used flute then a brand new peice

Thanks for your help

This content has been seen 50 times

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Daniel, i recommend that You contact Bob Rychlik here on the Overtone network. He plays Fujara and Slovak Shepherd pipes, is from Czech origin and lives in Maryland, not too far from Canada. He might be able to help You get a good fujara there beyond the ocean. Good luck, Bernhard http://www.overtone.cc/profile/BobRychlik

Thanks Bernhard. I just happened to come across a old workshop post with his name on it and got ahold of him :) How long have you been playing for?

Hi Daniel,
Bob Rychlik plays fujara flutes by Slovak master fujara craftsman Dusan Holik: http://www.dusafujary.sk/dusan-holik.php Unfortunately Dusan does not speak English at all but his wife Lýdia Milanová does. You can send an email to her at: fujaramusic@gmail.com and ask for flutes (I recommend a collapsible fujara consisting of two or three pieces). Bob Rychlik´s email is: fujara@gmail.com I play fujara since 1996
Kind regards Bernhard

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Sponsored by:

Latest Activity

Jens Mügge commented on the blog post 'Über Maultrommeln'
"Vielen Dank für deinen Kommentar, lieber Patrick!"
12 hours ago
Patrick Frey commented on the blog post 'Über Maultrommeln'
"Wunderbarer Artikel, Humorvoll und sehr informativ. Auch mich hat die Maultrommel in ihren Bann…"
12 hours ago
Patrick Frey updated their profile
12 hours ago
James Robert Hester replied to the discussion 'African Thumb Piano Tuning'
"Aindrias, Here's a link where you can download a copy of Krehbiel:…"
yesterday
Aindrias Hirt replied to the discussion 'African Thumb Piano Tuning'
"Should be "what is stress and unstress""
yesterday
Aindrias Hirt replied to the discussion 'African Thumb Piano Tuning'
"'Looks spot on. I'll have to read the reference. I will also have to reinterpret the…"
yesterday
Bernhard Mikuskovics posted an event
Thumbnail

Mikuskovics: Obertonkonzert (Kärnten, AT) at Schloss Krastowitz

November 18, 2017 from 7:30pm to 9pm
Bernhard Mikuskovics präsentiert im Rahmen seines Wochenendkurses "Obertongesang" in einem…See More
Friday
Bernhard Mikuskovics updated an event
Thumbnail

Mikuskovics: Seminar OBERTONGESANG (Kärnten, AT) at Bildungshaus Schloß Krastowitz

November 18, 2017 at 10am to November 19, 2017 at 1pm
So, wie sich die vielfältige Schönheit des Lichtes in den Spektralfarben eines Regenbogens äußert,…See More
Friday

© 2017   Impressum - Privacy Policy - Sponsored by Yoga Vidya, Germany -   Powered by

|  Support | Privacy  |  Terms of Service